Elise Sernik, the owner of Leadership Space, connected with me via a FB group. She mentioned that she had been struggling to find a person confident of being able to develop and implement a solution to her CRM/Project Management needs. With thousands of contacts, business names, past and present projects she wanted a way to automate what they were doing. A more efficient way to utilise the massive amounts of information she had captured over the last 7 years.
- List all the contacts – clients, partners, associates and all the details about each of those contacts
- Maintain many details about each current and potential client – Mailchimp signup, LinkedIn connection, Address, Phone Number, Business name etc
- List all the businesses they could and do work with – where are up to in pitching solutions to them – won and lost, what solution was offered, was the project completed or in progress?
- What is the next task for each of the current projects, link that back to the deal won, list who on the team is working on that task
- Map the internal marketing needs of their own business – Website changes, LinkedIn posts, Blogs, FB content etc
- Set up a CRM and Project Management system that allowed multiple users, all with varying levels of access
- The new solution needed to be affordable and simple to use
- First stage was to learn the needs of the business.
- Map the current system, identify the current stake holders, what information was needed, how was it currently being handled
- Identify the best CRM and Project Management solution to meet the identified needs
- Import all contacts and business details
- Setup the Work In Progress (WIP) system
- Setup past and present deals to map what had been pitched to who and what was won and lost
- Massaged the data before import to ensure that the new database would be free of duplicates and mis-spelling
- Imported over 3,000 contacts and nearly 2000 businesses into the CRM
- Setup all the deals noted in the current WIP report which contained 81 current projects (70% deals and 30% current clients)
- Set up tasks for all business processes
- Updated the client and her VA on how the system worked.